Starting from Kardamili the visitor can appreciate the entire history of the region by visiting:
- Mourtzinos or Troupaki fortress which was built in 1807 and features a complex of old buildings as well as the oldest church in the village, Saint Spiridon.
- Zarnata Castle, built on a hill which frames the landscape and played an important role in the history of the area.
- Nestoras’ Palace, one of the most important monuments of the ancient Mycenean world. It is believed to have been built in 13 century BC. Its is located close to Pilos town, approximately 45 km away from Kalamata.
- Ancient Messini (35km from Kalamata) the best preserved ancient town in Greece featuring a variety of public buildings, temples forts and houses.
- The Polilimnio area with its lush vegetation and lakes complex.
- Diros Cave, one on the most spectacular caves in the whole world where animal fossils have been found. a visit to Diros entails a route that takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- Vathia which is the best preserved village with its characteristic arctictectural elements from the Mani region (77km away from Kardamili).